1.01.2009

2008: A Recap!

This, the end of 2008, is a good time to reflect on the past year, much like I did a year ago. Since then, I have had made eighty-seven posts on this site that chronicled my life and thoughts throughout the year. I suppose now would be an appropriate time to post my recap of things I did and events that happened over the past year. This time, though, it will be easier, since I have written many more of the events down.

In 2008 I:

• Left Pennsylvania
• Sold my first car
Bought a huge van
Went roadtripping!
• Saw Buckethead, Saul Williams, My Brightest Diamond, Haale, and Joe Satriani play live
Rocked a Hitlerstache
• Discovered ASofterWorld
• Discovered TED videos
• Voted
• Sold one Mac G4 and bought another one five months later
• Moved to Minnesota
• Found a new job
Ate a raw onion whole
Furnished a room entirely from Craigslist.
• Bought a fixie and learned how to ride it
• Got to drive some pretty sweet cars
• Added at least 52 CDs to my library, and got rid of close to three times that many
• Got into Jane’s Addiction
• Rocked most of Guitar Hero on expert
• Gave away a computer to someone who needed it
• Bought and sold a lot on Craigslist.
• Went kissless (!)
• Had no health insurance (or “self-paid”, as the pharmacy likes to call it)
• Relied on God’s grace a LOT

No comments: